All ShapeGrabber 3D scanners are sold as complete systems that include the appropriate scanhead for the customer’s needs. We will help you to select the right 3D scanner and scan head for your needs.
ShapeGrabber offers four different 3D scanheads for maxium flexibility. Some of the 3D scanheads are built to scan a large area, while others scan smaller areas with greater accuracy. Multiple ShapeGrabber scanheads use a modular design so different scanheads can be swaped in and out of our 3D scanners. This enables customers to scan in a wider range of resolutions or objects of widely varying sizes.
All ShapeGrabber 3D scanheads feature:
- CDRH Class II / IEC Class 2M Lasers
- IEEE-1394 (Firewire) interfaces
- Industrial design with no moving parts
The SG156 Scanhead is the newest addition to the 3D scanhead family. This sixth-generation technology is ShapeGrabber’s fastest scanhead to date, with an improved laser, lens, imager, and mounting mechanism.
The SG156 features:
- Up to 10 times faster scanning speed than its predecessor
- Variable field of view in addition to depth of field
- Greater accuracy and tolerance to temperature changes
- Larger dynamic sensing range to scan wider range of part types
- A new mounting design allows the SG156 scanhead to be easily installed and removed; and, provides greater precision