Ram Optical Instrumentation
Inspection and Measurement Systems for Everyday Use
Since RAM Optical Instrumentation was founded in 1981, our goal has been to provide easy and affordable solutions to our customers’ inspection and measurement needs. RAM Optical systems are specially designed so that anyone in the manufacturing process can use them – from design engineering, to fabrication, to assembly, to final inspection – with minimal training.
RAM Optical Systems
- Automatic Measurement – completely automatic, CNC controlled operation of video, laser, and touch probe sensors
- Manual Measurement – interactive programmed measurement with precision manual control
SprintMVP Automatic Measurement Systems
Completely automatic, CNC controlled operation of video, laser, and touch probe sensors. With loads of features and automatic dimensional measurement, SprintMVP provides the best automatic measurement solution for the best price.
SprintMVP 200-300 Systems
SprintMVP fits on a workbench and provides stage travels as large as 12″ x 12″. Use the handy joystick to move the part and optics. Precise autofocus speeds throughput and improves repeatability. Run programs for all your parts to keep your quality in control.
- 0.5-micron XYZ axis scales
- LED back light
- VectorLight™ ring light
- Optional LED on-axis illumination
- Powered by Measure-X® metrology software
Measure-X Metrology Software
Measure-X Metrology Software is designed for SprintMVP systems. Full-featured measurement software with intuitive point and click interfaces. Icon toolboxes make it simple to accomplish measurement and write part programs. Interactive editor allows direct text editing for all step entries.
SprintMVP 400 Systems
Three-Axis Measurement for Larger Parts and Assemblies
The SprintMVP 400 floor model systems provide three-axis measurement for larger parts or assemblies and a large number of small parts at one time. Programmable zoom optics combined with all LED illumination and a color camera provide magnified viewing up to 175x with standard optics.
- Stage travels to 18″ x 18″
- Mechanical bearing XYZ stages
- LED VectorLight ring light with 6 rings and 8 quadrants
- Rigid granite base ensures measurement accuracy and repeatability
- SprintMVP 400 systems have a granite base and a cantilever design that allows easy access to the XY stage.
Powered by Measure-X® Metrology Software
SprintMVP 400 systems run easy-to-use Measure-X metrology software. With an extensive array of measurement tools, including video autofocus, motorized zoom, high level edge detection, easy to see icons and a point and click interface, Measure-X makes it simple for everyone to get accurate, repeatable measurements.
SprintMVP 624 Systems
Productivity on the Shop Floor
SprintMVP 624 is a large capacity, fully automatic, 3 axis dimensional measuring system. It features a high precision moving bridge and optics, for measurement of larger, heavier parts.
- Massive granite base for stability
- Moving bridge design, ideal for large heavy parts
- 0.5 micron scales on XY&Z standard
- Fully automatic – 3 axis joystick control
- Motorized zoom lens system, with 35x to 175x magnification
- LED backlight, top light and high intensity ring light standard
- Color camera
Software That Makes Measurements Simpler
QVI Measure-X metrology software makes it easy to measure parts or create automatic measurement routines. FeatureFinder makes it easy to measure any feature in the video window instantly. If CAD files are available, just download the DXF and let Measure-X create the program for you. AutoCorrelate lets you stage and measure parts without fixturing.
StarLite Manual Systems
Easy to Use Compact Systems with Big Benefits
The QVI StarLite systems from RAM are precision measurement instruments designed for easy focusing and part positioning.
A compact self-contained measurement station
The StarLite 150 is the newest design in a complete non-contact inspection system with interactive measurement capabilities at your fingertips. It is everything you need for accurate video measurement.
StarLite 150 is an excellent choice for inspection and measurement applications within the plastics, medical equipment and parts, automotive, aerospace, electronics industries and more.
- Cast aluminum base and column with precision stages
- High-resolution digital color camera and zoom optics
- Accurate XY measurements to better than 0.0002 inches
- Advanced image processing capability with automatic edge trace and multiple field of view tools
- Measure-X® metrology software for manual systems
Interactive Measurement at your fingertips
StarLite 150 is designed for ease of use, with ergonomic controls, and innovative full-featured software. Increase your productivity with optional front panel controls – motorized zoom, XYZ zero set, enter point button, skew alignment, and an inch/millimeter switch.
Measure-X metrology software guides users through measurement routines with graphical icons, and unique tools for fast results on a manual measurement system.
StarLite 200-300 Systems
Configure a System to Fit Your Needs and Budget
StarLite models 200 to 300 are precision instruments designed for easy focusing and part positioning.
StarLite systems are an excellent choice for inspection and measurement applications within the plastics, medical equipment and parts, automotive, aerospace, electronics industries and more.
- High-resolution digital color camera
- Precision zoom optics
- Mechanical bearing XYZ stages
- Magnification ranges from 35x to 535x
- Side-mounted Z axis adjustment
- Coarse/fine XY adjustments
- Rock-solid granite construction
Granite, Large Travel Systems
StarLite systems are granite-based with a variety of stage travels, manual X-Y positioning control, side-mounted Z-axis positioning with coarse and fine controls, 6:1 motorized zoom optics and a high-resolution digital color camera.
Semi-Automatic Measurement Configuration
Included is the programming capability of your StarLite system to get consistent, repeatable results from every user. Measure-X metrology software provides an extensive set of functions for general purpose dimensional measurement. Several illumination options, including the powerful VectorLight™ are available. Complete control of illumination ensures the highest quality imaging.