R & R Fixtures
R & R Fixtures has been a leading supplier of CMM and vision fixturing to the metrology field since 1990 and is now part of the Renishaw group. Larry Ray, the original inventor of simplistic modular fixturing, is still implementing innovative components and working with R & R FixtureBuilder software. No other fixturing source has the ability to document setups so quickly and efficiently.
D. Beck can help you select the right fixturing for your application whether it be a modular R&R fixtures or a specialized fixture.
D.Beck offers two categories of fixturing from R&R Fixtures:
CMM Vision Fixtures
D. Beck offers two types of R&R CMM Vision fixtures, each made with a precision acrylic base plate that allows for back lighting and a clear, clean look at the part from your vision system. Modular fixturing is designed for use with vision systems or multi-sensor machines.
Elevate your parts from the surface by use of various components and hold in as free of state as possible with minimum amount of clamping or holding force applied to the surface of the part increasing repeatability and reproducibility, otherwise secure smaller parts directly on to the plate within a clear area for complete viewing.
D. Beck offers two types of CMM Vision Fixtures:
- Quick Load Corner (QLC)— for vision systems up to 400 x 400
- Interchangeable Vision Fixture (IVF)— for vision systems 400 x 400 or larger
With either fixturing option, choose from multi-hole or multi-window modular fixturing plates that can be quickly swap on & off your stage in a repeatable position each time along with a set of components, either 1/4-20 or M4 thread for holding even your smallest parts.
R & R components are small and can be arranged within a close circumference to hold and view the smallest of parts without interfering with the edge detection of your machine. This means that you can view the entire part and not cover up any critical features.
- Clamps can be used to hold the smallest parts to the center area of the plate where no holes are drilled.
- The labeled base plates and components enable any user to build consistent part setups providing easy identification and documentation.
- Fixture base plates can be customized to fit and mount to your vision stage.
- For more flexibility, serrations are included on the edges of the QLC. Parts can be inspected by mounting them directly against these serrations using either M4 or 1/4-20 fixture clamping components.
CMM Vision Fixture Models
- Designed for quick and easy loading of parts, the Quick Load Corner (QLC) is ideal for machines less than 400 x 400.
Benefits of the QLC:
- Plates available with multi-hole and multi-window
- Serrations allow easy viewing around parts
- No down time as while one plate is running another can be setup
- Time-saving as you can load and unload subplates within seconds
- R&R can adapt your existing fixturing so it can be magnetically attached in a matter of seconds
The Quick Load Corner (QLC) is made specifically to fit your vision stage. If you have more than one vision system of the same brand, your QLC may mount to all of them.
It varies in size depending on:
- Your stage
- The size of your new and existing fixtures
- The mounting hole locations on your stage
- A drawing from our engineering staff will be provided showing the dimensions and mounting holes used to secure the QLC to your stage.
The QLC contains magnets that make our acrylic subplates snap into their exact position. Because of its open-sided design, the QLC can accommodate different sizes of subplates.
Either modular or custom subplates from R&R can be used with the QLC. Steel pins are pressed into the sides of these plates to match up to the magnets on the QLC. Subplates are typically 150 x 150mm or 250 x 250mm making them ideal for vision machines measuring 400 x 400 and smaller.
For more flexibility serrations are included on the edges of the QLC. Parts can be inspected by mounting them directly against these serrations using either M4 or 1/4-20 fixture clamping components.
R&R interchangeable vision fixture is ideal for machines 400 x 400 or larger because subplates can be designed to use all, 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 of the frame’s total size. If need be, the glass on your stage can still be easily used just by pulling each subplate up by its handles.
R&R fixture’s anodize aluminum (black oxide finish optional) frame is made to fit your specific vision machine. It is usually the size of the stage (allowing for the mounting of your probe rack and calibration artifacts, as needed). Subplates load into the frame in a repeatable position each time.
Interchangeable subplates can be modular with M4 or 1/4-20 threaded holes (10mm or 1/2″ on center) or we can design and build a custom fixture for your parts. A combination of both modular and custom subplates can be made to fit the same frame, allowing you the most flexibility.
Benefits of IVF:
- Load and unload subplates within seconds
- Flexibility of both modular and custom
- Additional time-saving subplates allow for increased productivity
- Ideal for multiple users
- Easy & efficient turnkey fixturing
Choose from a large selection of modular precision fixturing components for your CMM, vision system or multi-sensor machine application from R & R Fixtures.