Optical Comparator Accessories
Extending the capabilities of systems with digital imaging, virtual chart gages, edge detection, and more.REQUEST A QUOTE
Transforming Optical Comparators
Optical Comparator Accessories
TruLight LED Illumination
Exclusive TruLight® LED lighting from OGP provide high brightness LEDs which offer low power consumption, cool operation, indefinite lifetime and continuously variable intensity control – all for very bright, crisp imaging. Three bright all-LED illuminators are available: Coaxial Surface Light, Profile Light and Oblique Surface Light. TruLight LED lighting provides:
- Variable intensity control
- Low power consumption
- Long life – never needs replacement
- No warm-up time
- Low heat emission
- High brightness
- Stable, digitally controlled – ideal for automatic edge detection
Projectron Automatic Edge Detection
Projectron™ auto edge detection is an internally mounted unit that automatically locates edges using gray-scale processing.
- Mounted internally in the main mirror assembly – made by OGP
- Since it is internal, it does not obscure the viewing screen
- Ensures accurate, repeatable edge measurements from every user
- Repeatability better than 0.00008″ (2 µm) on optimal edges
- System does not require frequent calibration like externally mounted units do. Since it is hard mounted internally, the system retains calibration over long periods of time
- OGP systems equipped with TruLight® LED illumination prolong calibration even further since there is no light level degradation causing a need for re-calibration
- Projectron truly scans for edges. Using the functions of the Q-Check controller, Projectron can be told to seek a single edge, or to automatically scan for the perimeter of an ID or OD hole.
OGP offers a full line of comparator fixtures to make measurements more convenient.
- Staging centers
- Rotary staging vise
OGP optical comparator charts are produced from CAD generated masters scribed on a high precision plotter for uniform line weight and accurate location.
Replacement screens are made of glass, while overscreen charts are made of dimensionally stable plastic.
Plastic charts are produced with our exclusive Permaline sealed image process. The chart lines are sealed into the plastic for unmatched durability and long life.
There are two digital readout (DRO) controllers for all new OGP comparators. All the DRO models offer intuitive user interfaces and simple displays that reduce errors, improve operator productivity, and save time and money.
VidiProbe™ transforms the traditional optical comparator into a fully automatic video inspection system using SNAP-X® Software. An internal video camera is positioned to view the image formed by the comparator optics, allowing the image to be digitally analyzed and measured instantly.
- Internally mounted megapixel, digital video camera – protected from harsh environments
- Full CNC Automation of the measurement process
- High magnification imaging and measurement
- Field of View Measurements – take multiple points at once with automatic edge detection tools
- High-intensity surface reflection lights – even at very high magnifications
- Improved performance – Automated measurements are repeatable from operator to operator
- Provides a low-cost entry into video measurement technology
© 2016-2022 D. Beck Company LLC